There are still entries available for the Cape’s Ultra Mountain Bike Marathon, the RE:CM 100Miler, over 160km. Action takes place on Saturday 26 May in Malmesbury at the Swartland Winery.
Big names like the RE:CM team riders Waylon Woolcock and Neil McDonald as well as Blend Properties’ Charles Keey and Dave Morison have already entered for the event, while leading lady racer, Ischen Stopforth is a serious contender in the ladies competition. Winner of the first 100Miler Erik Kleinhans (Team Contego/28E) is also planning on racing, while youngsters like Louis-Bresler Knipe and Adriaan Louw (both Contego/28 E) are also ready to participate. According to one of the locals, Petrus Malherbe, there is great respect amongst riders for the winner of the 100Miler.
This year will see the fourth edition of an exciting event which has become one the must-do-events on the mountain biking calendar. Previous winners of the 100Miler are Erik Kleinhans, Jacques Rossouw and Christiaan Kriek.
Only pre-entries will be accepted for both the 100Miler and 50Miler (80km, starts at the halfway mark). Closing date for entries is Friday 18 May, and only the first 400 entries for the 100Miler and 200 for the 50Miler will be allowed.
All finishers will receive a medal and a RE:CM long-sleeve T-shirt.
Options to participate include solo-rider in elite, sub-veterans, veterans or masters, or to enter a team of four riders in open or mixed (the fourth rider over the finish line will determine the team result).
For more information or to enter phone 021 884 4547, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.amarider.co.za.
RE.CM 100Miler Marathon Information:
- Event Date – Saturday, 26 May 2012.
- Venue – Swartland Winery, Malmesbury, Western Cape.
- Distances – 160km (100Miler) & 80km (50Miler).
- Only pre-entries will be accepted for both the 100Miler and 50Miler (this race over 80km starts at the halfway mark).
- Closing Date for Entries – Friday, 18 May 2012.
- All finishers will receive a medal and a RE:CM long-sleeve T-shirt.
- Entry Options – solo-rider in elite, sub-veterans, veterans or masters; or a team of four riders in open or mixed.
Contact Details for AmaRider (The African Mountain Bike Association):
Chantelle le Sueur
021 884 4552