The Absa Cape Epic recently announced Qhubeka as one of their Official Charities for the next 3 years. In order to raise funds and awareness we are auctioning off one of these entries to the 2014 Absa Cape Epic. This is a great opportunity to purchase a much sought after entry to the race, and help us to mobilise people on bicycles.
How much would you pay for an entry into the Absa Cape Epic? As an official charity partner Qhubeka is offering you the opportunity to get your hands on a sought-after 2014 Absa Cape Epic team entry. By taking part you’ll get to ride the Absa Cape Epic and help us mobilise people on bicycles. All you have to do is post the highest bid for the team entry.
Entries to the 2014 Absa Cape Epic are CLOSED, but as an official charity partner to the Absa Cape Epic, Qhubeka has a team entry available to the highest bidder. The question is, how much are you willing to pay to make sure that next year you can tick one of the toughest MTB Stage Races in the world off your bucket list?
The person who posts and pays the highest bid, will be one of the teams lining up to at the start line of the Absa Cape Epic on the 23 March 2014. The goal of the auction is to raise funds to put people on bicycles. ALL AMOUNTS BID OVER THE ENTRY FEE PRICE OF R45 900 will go to Qhubeka to help mobilise people on bicycles.
BIDS ARE NOW OPEN on bidorbuy.co.za: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/121105689/Absa_Cape_Epic_Team_Entry_for_Qhubeka.html
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- One two-rider team entry to the 2014 Absa Cape Epic will be auctioned on bidorbuy.co.za
- The person with the highest bid will buy the tickets. Any amount bid over R45 900.00 will go to Qhubeka to mobilise people on bicycles.
- CLOSING DAY FOR BIDS: Wednesday, 27 November at 21:00.
- The winning bidder will be notified via email and asked to make payment and complete the transaction.
- The winning bidder must be willing to make themselves available for Qhubeka to use in promotional material around the Absa Cape Epic.
- Discover more and enter your bid!
- Spread the word on social media using #QhubekaEpicAuction.
- If you are an individual or corporate and would prefer to buy one of Qhubeka’s Charity entries directly instead of going through the auction, Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information before 25 November 2013.
Qhubeka is an Nguni (Zulu, Xhosa) word that means “to carry on”, “to progress”, “to move forward”. Qhubeka helps people move forward and progress by giving bicycles in return for work done to improve communities, the environment or academic results. Having a bicycle changes lives by increasing the distance a person can travel, what they can carry, where they can go and how fast they can get there. To find out more about Qhubeka’s initiatives, visit www.qhubeka.org.
Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung is Africa’s first ever UCI registered Professional Continental cycling team. The talented athletes in Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung race to build exposure for Qhubeka’s rural initiatives and ride to inspire potential new athletes within the community of Qhubeka bike recipients.
ABOUT THE ABSA CAPE EPIC 2014:
It takes place from the 23 – 30 March 2014. The race is held over 8 days and includes a time-trial prologue. The route changes every year, and leads aspiring amateur and professional mountain bikers from around the world through approximately 800 kilometres of the unspoilt nature of the Western Cape and up approximately 15 000m of climbing over some of the most magnificent passes in South Africa.
The Absa Cape Epic is the largest full-service mountain bike stage race in the world. Race nutrition, water, and isotonic carbohydrate drinks are available at the feed zones to revive tired riders during the race. At night, all riders and race crew sleep in the tented race villages that are set up prior to arrival and taken down immediately after the start each morning by the race crew. You can find out more about the race here: http://www.cape-epic.com/
CONTACT DETAILS FOR QHUBEKA:
Contact Person: Wendy (Communications Manager for Qhubeka)
Tel: +27 11 467 8726